During the recent months, Rubiks Digital has been in touch with a variety of businesses from around the service sector with the aim to nurture them with some innovation by mobile applications. Why? To raise the quality of customer experience and to provide a more effective channel for communication.
Until now, the most wide-spread communication channel is, of course, Facebook and as everyone has it, there are many people who have heard some basics but don´t know exactly how the system works. As of this reason, we decided to take a look behind the scenes and created this helpful booklet (scroll down to download). Even more, we believe that everyone deserves to know the current reality of growing trends. Therefore, we will also share the magic and drawbacks of mobile apps.
To give you an overview of some of the important aspects of Facebook:
- Make sure you know what the aim of your Facebook Page is and assign someone to be dealing with your Facebook strategy systematically: measuring and thinking through.
- Create engaging posts that give extra value, so that the posts would go viral. When you don´t engage your fans, your posts will not even reach to all of your fans. Facebook doesn´t share the posts if they’re not interesting enough for the initial „test-group“ of your fans. If your posts don´t seem to be engaging but you feel the importance, you can boost them up by paying for ads.
- When buying ads, select a specific target group to reach the suitable audience who`d be interested in what you have to say (be concrete, starting from their residence and finishing with their hobbies or Facebook activities). Be aware that one ad might not bring enormous results — you need a thought-through strategy.
- Get to know Facebook Insights and analyze to gather useful information about what your fans like, which tabs they visit, when they are online etc.
Facebook is slowly ending its golden age as a free marketing tool leaving you with the possibility to succeed only if you pay or offer something thrilling. But as marketers are often searching for exciting solutions, there is another emerging channel — mobile apps. More than 50% of Estonians own smartphones and compared to 2011, the share of mobile device page views has increased more than 20 times. Mobile era is here and we advise you to be one of the first to take advantage of it with creating a whole new business strategy around it.
What is the magic of mobile apps?
- Reaching right into your clients pocket with push notifications and not getting lost in the middle of Facebook notifications.
- Creating your own loyalty system as loyalty cards are long out of date.
- Gathering quick feedback.
- Making customer experience more convenient as everything is a „thumb push away“.
Those were only some examples and only your imagination is the limit for a successful mobile app!
To conclude, Facebook is not that exciting anymore. Mobile is the new place to innovate and make customers smile out of surprise.